Monday, November 8, 2010

One Last Halloween Tag

Here's one last Halloween item that's been a little late in getting on the web but I wanted to make sure I got out because it's the sibling to the tag I posted earlier. For the first tag I knew my main elements were going to be done with white ink so I wanted a darker, more Halloween evening feeling in the color to help the skeleton stand out. I started with the same basic tag colored to same basic shade of the orange marmalade ink but I applied more of the black soot ink. For this tag, I used a lot less of the black soot so much more of the orange marmalade ink survived, which shows just how much the black soot ink can cover over something and how easily you make a piece dark or light with the amount of ink you add on the second coat.

Here's the original tag for reference and its newer sibling. Click either one for the full directions if you are interested.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts