Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Christmas Wish

Still need to make your Christmas cards? Here's a quick tip - use stickers for the main images to save time. Stickers can be really expensive in today's market but if you shop around there are a bunch of nice but inexpensive ones you can pick up on sale that have a lot of card possibilities.

I came across a pile of Christmas stickers I brought for just this purpose years ago and decided it was time to do something with them. Here's a card I've been mulling over for the past week but didn't feel like completing until today. The sticker is flexible acrylic so it adds some dimension that you can't see online but it was an odd size relative to most of the Spellbinders dies I have so I ended up mounting it on a square mat and then putting that on a baroque Sizzix Tim Holtz Alternations image I had die cut for another card I have been mulling over but hasn't quite come together yet.

The distress inking was inspired by the background of the sticker itself and I think it does a nice job of tying everything together. You could just use brown kraft paper if you didn't have the supplies to do the inking, but the inking adds more color variety and interest. I also tried to airbrush the background with Copic markers but just using the little air can wasn't much fun since its freezes up very quickly. I really need a small air compressor to use if anyone reading this is wondering what to get me for Christmas.


If you want additional instructions on the card, just click on the image to go to my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts