Sunday, March 6, 2011

Don't Feel So Hot Leftovers

Last year I made this Don't Feel So Hot Card:


This was not how the card started out though. I have been buying paper in packs that have 10 sheets each of 20 colors and after going through most of a few packs this particular color was accumulating in the hanging file folders I use to store my 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. My major goal for this card was therefore to try to use up some of this particular green paper.

I had played with different colors for the blanket before I settled on the design above. My original coloring choices didn't quite work for me at time and got set aside. I was cleaning up and gave some of my first attempts at coloring the image and other leftovers to Mom to see if she wanted to do anything with them. She copied the design I had done but came with other papers to mat them. Here is what she produced:


I still prefer my original design - the way the background stamp tones down the paper and provides black in the background to coordinate with the black mat, but maybe my original coloring choices weren't as bad as I thought they were.

The two new variants are up on the website now, along with the original one. As always, just click on any of the image to see the full directions with stamps set, marker colors and paper sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts