Thursday, December 31, 2009

Male Celebrate Card

Instead of working on getting more of the existing cards documented, I created a new celebrate card tonight using male oriented colors I picked out from a Recollections cardstock pack. You might recognize this as the brand one of the major craft store chains is selling. Using these as the inspiration I went looking for a stamp I could use and settled on a 5 1/4" long celebrate stamp with dots on the end.  That meant strips on the card. To make them more interesting I rounded the corners on one and used different border widths. It was too simple though.

I went looking for something else in my clear stamp collection I could put on the card. I found plenty of flowers and curly things, some purses, lipstick but not many things a guy would be happy to see on his card. I thought about some Tim Holtz stamps but didn't see them working here and finally I noticed one that defined celebrate. I used it to versamark celebrate onto the background.

It's really a simple layout recipe that I've used over and over again, but turning the background into celebrate paper that coordinates with the stamp, rounding the corners and varying the widths on the mats make it totally unique.

Click here to see the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts