Sunday, April 3, 2011

Copic Rejoice Easter Cross Card

Here's an Easter card I made a weekend or two ago. The cross image is colored with Copic markers while the rest of it is cardstock and stamping.

This one took a long time to design. I had originally stamped the cross in gold embossing. Then I decided to try black ink thinking it would stand out better and could just be a bottom layer but I really didn't like the way a gold embossed cross stacked on top of it. I stamped one in purple and that didn't look right either. After much playing, I was about to give up and just use an embossed gold image, since it looked the best out of what I had tried, but then I remembered Copic has a nice gold colored marker (Y28) and went back to the black stamped image and colored one with markers, which finally gave me a cross that could stand on its own against the background. I was hoping to stamp the sentiment on the card directly, but the Bazzill paper had a texture to it and the little stamp proved it required a great a deal of precision to produce a good image so I had to go with a mounted sentiment.


As always, click on the images for full directions including the stamps, marker colors and paper sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts